Re: if feats are re-enactments of past heroic deeds....

From: Steve Dempsey <eg0sum_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:01:09 -0000

By knowing about a feat performed by your deity no-one else remembers or knows about. Like any feat at all for Vinga (barring a few written AFTER HW was published, we had no Vingan myths to base the feats on). In other words, by (the player) writing a bit of the mythology for himself, and (the character) recreating it.

> Im still on my 'morden defends the camp' theme here. If I re-enact
> a past heoric deed by one of the great ones, then fine, shouldnt I
> get the same outcome as the deed, assuming it has been re-enacted
> perfectly?

Yes. Assuming you're perfect. What rating is perfect? 10W4? Are even Gods perfect?

> But how can I re-enact something that never happened?
None of it really happened, it's just a game :) And, as such, you (player) can add a bit to it and (character) use that. Like a whole load of HW, we're expected to do a whole load of the work ourselves.

I'd be a lot stricter here. I think a PC can only re-enact a specific Feat of his deity if they have performed the ceremony, been to the hero plane and done the HeroQuest. They can improvise from the Affinity all they like but that won't get them the extra-special effects that a Feat has.

In game terms, I would let a Player make up a Feat that is then performed by his PC at the cost of some hero points, probably 6 for a new Feat gained out of game time. Their skill would only be 12 too, subject to augmentation from other appropriate skills (and maybe even that Feat's Affinity).

Steve