Re: Re: if feats are re-enactments of past heroic deeds....

From: philip.hibbs_at_...
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 12:09:05 +0100

Me:
>> That's hideously expensive! (IMO)

Steve:
>Feats are hideously powerful!

Not really. Some of them allow the character to do impressive things like leap over trees on a 14 resistance, but if there's anything that could be described as an opposing ability or resistance, you use that instead. 'razor shield cutting feat' doesn't cut an opponent in half unless you overcome their resistance with your ability, *and* you backed it up with lots of APs.

If I can buy an affinity form a related cult for 6, I'm not going to spend 6 on a feat! I'd also much rather spend the 6HP on +3 to an ability related to the last session.

Philip Hibbs http://www.snark.freeserve.co.uk/ Opinions expressed may not even be my own, let alone those of any organisations, nations, species, or schools of thought to which I may be affiliated.