RE: Re: Individual Heroes

From: guy hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:50:07 -0500

|Guy Hoyle:
|
|> Do I need to write up a whole
|>"Hungry Ghost" cult, or can I get away with just a "Heart of the
|>Bearwalker" skill and a relationship to the Hungry Ghosts?
|
|Your PC is in the Hungry Ghosts as in Cannibal Cult? I thought
|he had joined the Trond?

Well, this is in Sandy Petersen's current (on-again off-again) RQ campaign; Fido did join the ancestor cult of the Trondlings, but the whole population of Trond is now angry wraiths due to the magical disaster that killed them all while we were away. Our shaman decided to appease the wrath of these wraiths by sacrificing an enemy to it, a Bearwalker (or were-bear) that we had captured. (Fido just went along with it; he doesn't know much about the ways of humans, so he has some interesting experiences. I was rather horrified). For some reason that I can't recall, three of us decided to take a bite from the heart of the bear-walker, and each of us could thereafter add his strength to ours for the sacrifice of a point of power. It's not exactly the same thing as the "Hungry Ghosts" cult out of TotRM, but it's very close; I think Sandy wrote that article, so that's no surprise.