Re: Re: Yet more Animism questions...

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 19:56:55 -0700

> >>Are they still in the fetishes, or do they
> >
> >Yes. They are still in their voodoo containment units. They haven't
> >left. If they did, they would no longer be bound, would they?
>
> Although I agree with this, and if it were not so, it would make
> travel to the Spirit World (practically an everyday trip to a shaman)
> very peculiar, it seems dissatisfying. After all, we're now in the
> spirits' homeland, and still they merely appear as vague, malleable,
> almost non-entities?
>
> >> appear as 'creatures'? Do they have physical bodies? Can the shaman
> >> still use their powers, do they still act as followers, and are they
> >
> >I do not see any reason why they would not be usable in any way
> >different than they were before.
>
> yes, but do they LOOK different? Are they even visible at all. When
> their powers are used, like any other (non-sorcerous) magic, they will
> have a visible effect, but do they exist on their own plane as
> individual entities, or just a special effect, like in the Middle
> World? They still have no physical existence?

Spirits in fetishes are treated as any other embodied physical entity on the Spirit Plane. They look like a bundle of feathers, or a stick, or whatever, but you can probably "see" the spirit in the fetish - at least a pair of eyes, or teeth, or something related to the ability the fetish provides.

Much as the spirits of trees and rocks are visible as you travel through the veil between the worlds in your shamanic circle.

RR