Re: Many Keywords make minimax character

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 11:22:54 -0700

Jeff responding to Tim responding to me:

> > Quite, the 'W's have something to do with it! I just hadn't considered,
> > until you bought it up, that one could have multiple keywords in this
> > way
>
> I do believe that the HW rules mention specifically that you are
> allowed one occupation and one cultural keyword in the writeup.
> Additional keywords (abilities, relationships, affinities) coould be
> added at the 13 base for additional abilities . And any keyword is
> always subject to Narrator Approval

Not that I could find, and see p.22 which explicitly allows multiple occupation or magical keywords.

Actually, I probably wouldn't have allowed that Harrek as written either, and I might reduce the starting target number of any keywords that were essentially split (i.e. two occupations or two magics).

For example, I would make his Wolf Pirates a relationship, not a keyword -- he never spent enough time with the Wolf Pirates to learn all about sailing etc.

> I think I would not allow any addtional cultural or occupation
> keywords to be added... you only really have one. A person who was
> born in one and raised in another might gain some of the other
> cultural keyword's abilities by using up a few of their words or list
> space, however.

I think it's plausible to have multiple occupations (indeed, I think this is implicit in the Grazer keywords).

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein