Re: On page 141 of narrator's book....

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 02:03:57 -0000

> > do it, no-one is going to stop you.
>
> I like this. This sort of mechanic should go in the optional rules
> section at Glorantha.com. Are there any other neat ideas like this?

No one is going to stop you, but I agree with Roderick. I must admit that this doesn't work as well as it might in play.

When we ran the adventure now referred to as "The Mouse Problem" we treated the confusion as a simple AP loss assault. Though, during the
aproach battle, since there was really no reason for us to do otherwise (we were learning the game) we did many of the feats as 'all
or nothing simple contests. Two NPC's died of heart attacks from the shades and the Resident Vingan ended up downed.

VERY unsatisying for both the Narrator and the players. If its not good for the story... I'm not as interested, I guess. I find that running feats in an all-or-nothing matter creates climax-interruptus when villans or heroes are dropped willy nilly. Ad, if you're going to
do a 'befuddle pool' I'd rather think you'd go for a 'negative augment/enhancement' one's opponents -- which makes more sense with the rules as we have them.

Just giving some advice which could be of use. Hope it helps,

Jeff