Re: Digest Number 292

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 07:42:30 -0000

> Agreed, to an extent. I would say that an earth spirit should be
clearly
> earthy - but perhaps that what you meant...

Yes, it's 'solid' (as much as anything on the spirit plane), but not being a true 'creature' it just looks like... well, earth.

> > Well, depends what you mean by more powerful. They don't get the
> > Alien World modifier (as recently discussed here), but the call of
> > home would, I agree, be stronger.
>
> Maybe I've missed something but aren't all spirits at +20 on their
'normal'
> stats in the spirit world? Or does this not apply to bound spirits?

There was a discussion about this recently here, I believe the outcome is that spirits in physical bodies (fetishes, for example) do not have a -20 in the middle world, and do not get a +20 when in the spirit world.

Here's one though... would the modifiers due to being in a Dangerous area of the Spirit World (which I think I'm safe in assuming my Spirit Talker will be...) apply to bound spirits?

Wulf