Re: Flaws

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 14:31:06 -0000

Well, not TINY, just Small...:)

> What should I treat Flaws ?
> For example, if a durulz (Small 14, Boastful 12) try to move a big
rock
> (regist 1W) or convince a suspicious merchant(Suspicious 5W), what
> should I treat it?

The various ways I've seen have included: 1) Use another ability, but the Narrator augments the resistance with the flaw (or penalises the ability) - problem is the augment table isn't ideally suited to this, as it emphasises small augments, whereas big rocks emphasise big penalties... You could use a standard 1 point per 10 or 20 rating, which is approaching type 3.

2) Use the flaw as a resistance itself. This doesn't work well here, it's better in a straight ability roll (which suddenly becomes a resistance roll).

3) Use the flaw in the same manner as a Passion Spirit, providing a bonus or penalty of 1/4 or 1/2. Like type 1 you need to use a different ability as the primary ability here. SO you might use Strong to move the rock. Strong might be the basic default 6, -1/4 of the flaw Small, which would be -4. He has to roll 2...

Boastful isn't necessarily a flaw here, if he's good at it it might be useful to impress the merchant.

Wulf