Re: Donandar's Illusions

From: Ian Thomson <arkat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 01:03:56 -0000

Oddly enough I am currently planning to submit a new version to glorantha.com in the next 2 days

on site presently is Mk 1

and I am currently running a character in Andrew Bean's campaign using
Mk 2

what will appear soon at glorantha.com will be Mk 3, which will be rethought a fair bit

This cult version is designed to be a God Learner throwback, since Drogarsi is the Heortling musician cult, and Molamin I believe will be
Yelmic

I see the relationship as being something like the aspects of Issaries, with the cultural musicians (Drogarsi etc) equating to the stay at home Traders, and the Donandar branch being equivalent to the Goldentongue wanderers
(a loose comparison of course)

In last night's session I found that the character's most decisive actions were:
1) Throw Rock, enhanced with a Hero Point, which Injured a rather nasty Priestess who was causing us trouble 2) Sword and Shield Fighting, when he leapt into the melee right at the end and administered the coup de grace to same troublesome Priestess who had simply been refusing to die 3) Tumbling - when he acted swiftly (critical) to prevent the party tough guy from slaying a prisoner before he could be questioned

Of these three only Tumbling is currently actually a Donandar skill, which I hope shows that diversity is good (rather than the Donandar Cult is lacking)

I see the guy as a wandering thrill-seeker (a bit outdated now of course with all the social relationships of HW, but then he is part of
an official Lunar Tourist Agency branch) and the Cult seems to suit that very well

The character plays realistically in the game anyhow