Re: Donandar

From: jualra_at_...
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 15:39:47 -0000

Hi,
incidentally I'm currently writing my own version of Donandar, and the current thread has activated me after months of lurking... This is my first post so please bear with me.

It has been suggested that illusions should be created using the 'Illusion' affinity, with penalties if the illusion is complex i.e. includes vision, sound, movement... I guess this would work but wouldn't it be more in line with HW mechanics to increase the resistance (D + x)? For example, 14 for just a spooky sound, say +5 for vision, movement, etc.

Maybe the affinity could have

This could be too powerful though. What do you think?

Another thing is the Secret of the cult. In the Issaries write-up it says:

"When Donandar stood against chaos he hurled it back with songs and dances as earthy and moving as Skovari's, as elegant and gracious as Molamin's, and as stormy and rousing as Drogarsi's. Blending all, making harmony from cacophony, was Donandar's own secret power."

>From this I'd like make broader secret than Switch Places or
Harmonize. This is what I came up today:

Illusion Theatre (allows user to create multiple illusions, to move them independently and to make real [Harmonized] people join their Great Dance) (about the mechanics, I've no idea yet.)

I'm currently planning a campaign in Grazelands, with vendref heroes, and i'm short of interesting non-warrior cults... I think Donandar could be one of them, as a 'voice of the suppressed' kind of cult. Hiding behind a mask of harmless clown, and all that. Please comment.

Also hints about further reading for my (doomed?) campaign idea would be greatly appreciated. I have KoS, KoPD, and David Dunham's pages have been useful too.

Juha Ratilainen (Yes, another Finn....:)