Re: Digest Number 296

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:23:41 +0100

> From: "Charles Corrigan" <glorantha_at_...>
>Subject: Definition of "Magician"
>
>In several places in the players book, narrators book and Anaxial's
>Record, there are references to Magicians being able to recognise,
>say, the difference between a spirit, daimone and essence.
>
>1 - What is a "Magician"?
>
>2 - What skill would they use to recognise the difference? (OK,
>Symbolic Sight for sorcerors & wizards).

God-talkers have "Sense spirit nearby ..." and "Sense god nearby ...". I allow them to use these to sense magic of the appropriate type (being the work of spirits, gods, daimones). As for detecting sorcery I'm not sure. I quite like the idea that they don't detect (hence souless). Of course all magical effects are detectable by normal senses with an improv. modifer ISTR. Thom