Re: Donandar

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:37:31 -0700

Juha wrote

>incidentally I'm currently writing my own version of Donandar

One insight Greg gave me when I was writing Drogarsi for Storm Tribe was that Donandar is (to the Heortlings at least) sort of a "high god of music," a bit more abstract and sophisticated than Drogarsi or Skovari.

I'm not following the discussion carefully, but I sort of like the idea that you have an Illusions affinity with specific illusions as feats. Probably most of the time you end up improvising something.

>I'm currently planning a campaign in Grazelands, with vendref heroes,
>and i'm short of interesting non-warrior cults... I think Donandar
>could be one of them, as a 'voice of the suppressed' kind of cult.
>Hiding behind a mask of harmless clown, and all that. Please comment.

Wow, that sounds tragic! The long-suppressed peasants who have cruel overlords...

Humakt is my traditional vendref player character cult, but since all its members swear mighty oaths to be loyal to the Feathered Horse Queen, I don't know that it would work for an all-vendref game.

When I wrote up Drogarsi, I realized it was exactly the religion one of my old RQ2 characters would have been (he was a bagpiper). Anyway, Drogarsi could work for vendref too.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein