Re: Re: armor values

From: bryan neff <nagilfar_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 19:47:52 -0700 (PDT)

> I would think a 3 to 1 ratio would
> be a
> > bit more realistic. I also noticed krarschtkid
> chitin
> > is rated as a ^5--same as plate and shiled? Hmmmm.
> My
> > other concern was the changes in troll skin
> > armor--dark do not have any, and great trolls ^1.
>
> Um, realism is not really the point in case. I use
> edges and armour
> in my game and I find that the material

Agreed Jeff. I should use 'realistic' carefully. I was concerned more about parity. Your points have helped clarify.

> > Thanks.
>
> We use weapons and armour to modify AP bids.

 Has anybody tried to flesh out the 'even' weapon and armor values. I remember a previous post that proposed dividing the max weapon damage RQ by 2 to get a wider range of values. This seems a bit too much --too 'realism' seeking. However, not having a wider range of weapons and armor is frustrating as well. I seem to remember bastard swords being an example of a ^4--any others?

Thanks.

Bryan

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos - 35mm Quality Prints, Now Get 15 Free! http://photos.yahoo.com/