Re: Affinities and Feats - my view

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:41:18 +0200 (EET)

> But if you have to improvise, then it's using the affinity, isn't it?
> One couldn't use a Salmon Jump feat on dry ground, but could well
> improvise a magnificent leap from one's movement affinity?

Uh, salmon jump is a real world thing. It means jumping straight up, turning in the air (like jumping into a pool) and coming straight down. Then one does a neat ukemi or a more western tumble to come out of it without breaking one's neck. It looks really impressive, and with the magic I'm sure one can jump right over tall people. A neat trick in combat, but don't try it in heavy armor (in my game, that is)

But I don't think it's meant to have anything to do with water, really. The leap just looks like a salmon jumping.

        -Adept