Re: Re: my take on the magical vs. mundane

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 00:54:12 +0000

On Sat, 18 Nov 2000 16:59:55 -0600, "Robin D. Laws" <rdl_at_...> wrote:

>Here's a possible compromise between these two ideas:
>
>Mundane abilities are capped at X, but when you reach the
>cap it is possible to transcend it, magically building
>your ability to a superhuman level.

That was my idea... I might claim copyright :)

Here's one I considered too. Mundane abilities require 1 extra HP per Mastery level of the end result. So 1-20 costs 1, 1W-20W costs 2, 1W2-20W2 costs 3, etc. (add one per mastery for mundane stuff that costs more than 1 HP at base level, if you use stuff like CC treated as a meta-skill with 3 HP per level).

That needs to be implemented from the start, and tends to slow, but not stop, mundane progression. Mundane and magical become equal in cost at 1W2, which is tribal champion level, if I remember correctly

Wulf