Re: Fronelan Melcalfe

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 12:32:04 +1300

Keith Nellist:

>The Fronela keywords were fabulous. 10/10 for entertainment value, probably
>less out of ten for serious gloranthan accuracy, but this is from the author
>of GIttHW, so it must hold a part of the Truth.

The army using banners instead of grimoires was in a draft of the Fronelan chapter that I sent to Greg (it utilizes the same principle as the Lordly Palaces as described in the Glorantha: Intro p71).

I dunno if they'll appear in sorcerer knights or not (but this seems to be Greg's style - he prefers to sample from several unsullied wells than one and when I was writing the Manirian Chapter, I hadn't seen Robin's work).

The necromancers using enchanted iron staves to bind and feed off ghosts is based upon an unpublished Malkioni myth about death (in which Vadel goes to Pamaltela, sees the first spirits and uses the Iron Energy Prison to bind them).

The Minderkind Sages of Riverjoin was also in the Fronelan Draft (having first made their appearance in an old Wyrms Footnote). Same caveats as before about their official nature. Everything else is swiped or made up on the fly.

--Peter Metcalfe