Re: Iron

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 03:07:26 -0000

Interesting thought. Of course, this allows the traditional quenching of a blade in the body of a prisoner/slave/unsuspecting goat. Very nice touch.

> Now... does that make it full of Death (dead souls) or full of Life
> (those souls have been stopped from passing out of the 'living' -
> Middle - world, and thus have not been judged Dead by whatever power
> your specific theology says decides such things)?

Not so much full of Death, perhaps. Death is traditionally in Glorantha the *act* of separation. But 'the dead' I would buy -- the formerly living. If I had to buy into it, I'd say it was full of 'potential of separation' -- like a rock (or volkswagon) in a trebuchet. Its not so much that you are dead but now are 'not alive'

But that's all too much speculating for this humble clansman! I just know that until Gunnar the Smith sings his special metal magic songs (and kills the old worn out cow I brought for him as part payment), my sword seems to screw up my magic.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Jeff