Re: Limitation of magic use

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 23:46:19 +1300

Alain Rameau

>I haven't found similar limitations for the other types of magic. For
>exemple, for theism, the god may get annoyed of being asked a service
>(especially the same feat) all the time. Isn't there any rule to
>limit the use of feats ? Same question for Sorcery and Mystiscm.

Other types of magic (and the fetish limit doesn't apply for integrated talents) have their own limitations.

Theists have to improvise their feats which carries a penalty. Sorcerer spells are quite rigidly defined. Mystical powers are generally about obtaining transcendental consciousness rather than addressing worldly concerns such as kicking butt* for the lord.

There's also the issue of taboos (for animist characters) and acts of devotion (for theistic characters) and whatever it is that sorcerers have. These haven't been addressed in the HW rules, but they do exist and I've been told that Thunder Rebels will address his for the Heortling case.

--Peter Metcalfe

*Ooo. I finally managed to earn a single pepper in the eudora mood sensor. <performs a victory lap>