Re: Vanganth

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 14:04:40 +0000

> From: "Meirion Hopkins" <Meirion_at_...>
>Is it necessary to be an Orlanth [Aspect] worshiper to be a devotee of
>Vanganth? I'd assumed not.

Correct. IMO a subcult can always be worshipped in its own right (though some subcults might not be so worshipped in practice).

>One of my player's PC is a God-talker of Vanganth. Time hasn't been an
>issue yet, so I'd just
>assumed that for a devotee the time would still be 60%. With only one
>affinity to raise, the offset
>for this heavy time requirement was access to the secret a lot quicker
>than for a multi-affinity
>cult.

Sounds sensible. I'm generous and would allow god-talking duties to count as part of the devotion time.

>What is the initiate/devotee time requirement for membership solely in a
>subcult? Is it 10%/40%
>(devotion taking 30% greater time than initiation), 30%/60% or just 10%
>for either level - which can
>be implied from p181 of HW:RiG?

I consider three levels:

Worship subcult for magic only (no extra time: max one feat)* Worship subcult as subcult (10% time: max one affinity)** Worship as main cult (30% as initiate: no restriction )

Thom