Re: Re: Vanganth

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:22:02 +0100

Roderick:

>frex, the Orlanth Adventurous
>Aspect gives worshippers "Combat" and "Movement" as his affinities. Destor
>gives the "Wind" affinity. Vanganth has "Flying", Desemborth has "Stealth",
>etc.

This is really neat! Except... it leaves the poor Vanganthi with both Movement and Flight, which is largely redundant. Unless one expends some effort thinking up alternative Movement feats that aren't trivial to duplicate by flying (Burst of Speed would be an example, and perhaps Lift Object with Wind, though I still don't see why that's under Movement at all).

More generally, there will be a large minority of Orlanth worshippers (all non-Destor Adventurous types) lacking any abilities directly connected with Storm. I suppose this could be considered a feature, not a bug, if you want to emphasize that Orlanth is more than just an elemental god.

>There are wierdnesses that this simplification does *not*
>cover, so the answer to all questions is "please wait".

Rex, Lightbringer, and the Weapons, right? (Going by the TOC from the website)
I'm not really asking, just thinking out loud... ;-)

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg