Re: Passion spirits & automatic augmentation

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:43:05 +0000 (GMT)

> Other question: is there anyone who has tried automatic augmentation
> with other abilities(magical or mundane)in their games? Example in HW
> handout stated one character using his rippling muscles(strong) to
> automaticly augment his Close Combat- skill, but didn't give any way
> to handle it.

This has been covered before. I (amongst others) use the same rules for passion spirits to avoid dice rolling on augments in general. In other words, you get a +1 for every complete 10 of target number without rolling. I can't remember who first suggested this.

I have noticed the other players are starting to verbally abusing those who use this rule too much - the tendency (in best Orlanthi fashion) is to go for a ridiculous augment and trust to luck...

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net