Re: Why theism is tops!!! (Was Re: Augment questions)

From: Graham Robinson <gjr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:26:08 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, David Boatright wrote:

> How do you get leaping shield as an augmentation or edge in close
> combat. I think the original interpetation was throwing the shield.

I'd allow any of the following interpretations in my game :

  1. Leaping over the shield of an opponent to smite him on the head
  2. Causing your shield to leap into the opponent's blow to cause a distraction or provide protection.
  3. Throwing the shield as an attack.
  4. Causing the opponent's shield to leap out of the way to provide an opening.
  5. Anything else that has a shield and a leap.

I don't really believe in the 'feats have one interpretation' school of thought. If you want, you could think of each as being subtly different feats, but I feel that's a bit harsh on the players. It also reduces the number of similar feats people can use - the GM can say 'oh that's covered by Leaping Shield as well'.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson			The Stable Yard - Internet Solutions
gjr_at_...		http://www.thestableyard.net