Re: Character design Qs

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 15:04:39 -0000

> I wouldn't underestimate LM's Knowledge Affinity. The Lawspeaker in
my
> campaign used it during combat to give tactical advice to the
fighters (An
> improvised AP lending). They found it very useful indeed.

Yes! Our resident has been using something similar in "Knowing What They Plan" -- its got a heavy duty resistance if he tries to use it to know what they are doing but it makes a _FINE_ augment to get that little inkling of anticipation that makes all the difference. In his case he was using it to augment. But AP lending is good too.

Never underestimate the power of knowing just what your opponent's up to in advance! Of course, watching our sage use his 'Induce Literacy feat' is worth the price of admission -- (Grabs head of weaponthane and pushes it down towards scroll, "Look you *&^** I said READ!" "Augh! Its scary."

I'd have to say that playing a lawspeaker in HW takes a lot more finesse than it did in the old days.

BUT, on the plus side, there are more 'active' cults that a lawspeaker can join. In Thunder Rebels there are two Lawspeaker subcults of Orlanth. The downside is that you only get 1 affinity related to lawspeaking (and one related to being a total dominerring bastard in society) so you don't have the 3 'useful' affinities that LM gets. However, since your a part of the Big Storm Guy you DO have greater access to the other Orlanth subcults -- the more military ones...

Jeff