Re: 100word book

From: Kmnellist_at_...
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 18:05:26 EST

In a message dated 2/6/01 10:27:24AM, you write:

<< It also made me wonder if there would be any milage in a book of "100  word portraits" for use as NPC's and PC's. It wouldn't necessarily  need to contain any game statistics at all, which would allow the characters to be scaled to fit any level of game. >>

I love this idea. In fact I have a file of quite a few 100 word characters already (OK nowhere near a book). It would be a "Scorpion Men and Broos" or "Militia and Mercenaries" for the narrative-generation. If nothing else it would be packed full of interesting ideas and asides. What is that six cuts silk? Bag of winds? Rainbow cloak? Shadowbreath Alliance? and this is just from one character.

There would be room, in a non-issaries product, for all sorts of inpsiration, from literature of all sorts of genres, humourous, historical. A kind of character creation book of poems.

Keith Nellist