Simple Contest question

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 19:35:26 +0000

OK, having gotten back into the swing of beating the crap out of the rules, here's a question :)

Is there anyone on the list who still uses Simple Contests for all contests, disdaining Extended Contests altogether? I'm meaning those who used to be here and had ideas and rules of their own for running lengthy contests using modified Simple Contest rules. If there are still any adherents to this doctrine, please answer a few small questions so I can try it out:

  1. What do you do with Marginal victories/failures? What effect does a 'Dazed' result have in the middle of a contest?
  2. How, if at all, do you factor in weapon/armour ranks? What about Berserk magic and other sources of edge rather than bonuses?
  3. Followers. I can see that they can use their Abilities to augment the hero, but how do you decide when the follower has dropped out of the contest?

Wulf