Re: Now 2 Weapons

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:12:11 +0000

> From: "Jeffrey Zahari" <jeff_zahari_at_...>
>As far as I know there is very little evidence of two-weapon use in the
>ancient/medieval world--the only example I can think of is Renaissance
>rapier-duelling (highly stylised). Fantasy fiction has other examples (eg
>Elric seems fond of taking a sword in each hand). I don't mind lack of
>"realism", but I don't like to give incentives for stepping outside a more
>"normal" combat style--it's an aesthetic thing.

A simple rule might be +1 weapon rank OR +1 armour rank. This makes the style more flexible than weapon + shield, but not unbalancing. (Note you also need weapon + offhand weapon fighting as a sub-skill, costing at least one HP or a few words). I might also allow "Two-weapon fighting style" ability (not subskill) as a mundane augment.

Thom