Re: Was Magic Fumbles Now 2 Weapons

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:36:17 -0000

> >Two weapon use, how do people handle this?
> >One skill with an improved edge?
> >Two attacks?
> >One attack with -3 to opponent?
> >Two weapons, what's wrong with one big one, what are you some kind
of Lunar? :-)

I tend to either a) allow the hero to attack two opponents with out the *first* -3 (but he has to deal with the other effects effects of attacking multiple opponents). Or he can get an additional +3 edge but looses the effect of shields. Without a shield he can't benifit from Fyrd or Shieldwall fighting (which can be important).

I would not allow him to negate the first multiple attacker penalty -- afterall, you can't do that with (weapon) and shield.

A two-weapon man is a lone wolf, not a formation fighter. He lives or dies accordingly. Be dramatic. Be audacious. Be a good looking corpse.

Jeff