Re: wounds

From: tim_at_...
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 12:28:37 -0000

The other important distinction if I recall and understand correctly is that the Wound for 7AP is an either or situation.

"I bid 4 AP" <rolls> "Opponent forfeits 2x - OK lose 1 AP and take a Wound, you are now at -1 to all rolls"

wheras the grevious wound is in addition to the roll

"I bid 16 AP" <rolls> "Opponent forfeits 1x - OK lose 16 AP and take a wound, you are now at -1 to all rolls"

I don't believe you can add either sort to each other, or to themselves. (so a 16 AP loss can't be converted into 2 wounds & a 2AP loss, a 23 AP loss can't be converted into a 16 AP loss & 2 Wounds and a 32 AP loss can't be converted into 2 (Greveious) wounds and a 32 AP loss). You probably can choose to give a "normal" wound instead of a Grevious wound (so 16 AP becomes a wound and a 9AP loss), although (other than a GM trying to keep the party alive...) it's uses may be limited