RE: Re: attacked followers

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:32:17 +0100

> Hope this helps!

Thanks, it does, more or less the direction I was leaning in. Another question on an extended topic - how do you handle reserves?

Say we return to Jim and Bob. This time, Bob (PC) is negotiating with bandits while Jim (follower)is hiding behind a rock. The plan is that if fighting starts, Jim will leap out and ambush the bandits.

In the opening exchange, an attack on Bob by the Bandits (for arguments sake), would Bob be treated as:
- a character on their own, using only their personal AP - a character-and-follower, with combined AP, on the grounds of a combined action

One might argue that the latter should be used - the AP total - on the grounds that Bob will/can make different tactical decisions based on the fact that he knows the bandits are about to be surprised. Or of course one might also argue that Jim is "entering a conflict".