Re: archery

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 11:11:58 -0700

> I have been toying with the complications presented by archery again
> recently, and wanted to poll thoughts on how it is being used
mechanically.

> There are two major situations to consider - when the archer is part of a
> larger melee, and the archer firing against an approaching unengaged
enemy.

> In the larger melee scenario, the archers can simply add their archery AP
> as a contribution to the overall effort. The archer can freely support
any
> other actor - the archers AP's act as a follower for as long as "fire
> support" is provided. The archers "action" constituters choosing which
> actor to provide support to. If the actor that the archer is supporting
is
> defeated, the archer dos NOT suffer a similar defeat, or a follower-type
> defeat.

I don't like this solution, because you are allowing the archer to add APs with no downside, and from everything I've read, "shooting into melee" is a *bad* idea. This is precisely the kind of action that the "bad" side of loaning AP should cover - "I loan 10 AP to Frank by shooting his opponent... [roll - badly] ...err, no, it seems that I've *hit* Frank. Sorry buddy, we both lose 10 AP."

RR