Re: Re: Dual Magic Keywords

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:37:42 -0700

>Peter Metcalfe says:

>People would have talked with the RQ2 example of the Yelmic Priest
>raising zombies, showing vampiric powers and using strong darkness
>spells. With illumination, there always has been a struggle between
>what an illuminate can do and social norms.

        Good point, but it seems so much more explicit in HW. Assuming you need some sort of Relationship with a group to get initiated into a cult, it's going to slow down the "divine shopping trip" that Illumination always threatened. But yes, I think a well-run RQ campaign would not have too mcuh trouble with Illumination (except for its shocking insights).

Peter Larsen