Re: Digest Number 536

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 16:18:03 +0100

> From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
>What I want to figure out, is how big is (for instace) a monoceros meant
>to be, and how does this shift between metaphysical areas manifest.
>
>I don't think the ansver is self-evident from the way it's written up,
>I'm afraid.
>
> -Adept

My take is that the penalty is applied not to abilities, but attempts to use them. So a big person is still large 1W, but if he tries to use his size to overtun a boat in a hostile otherworl he'll have trouble doing so.

For otherworld beings in the mundane world penalties are often figured in (and might I suppose, reflect a genuine reduction in some abilities).

Thom