Re: Just a quick question

From: Jarec <jarec_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 11:21:20 -0000

Agreed, that is not what I have a problem with. In game time aquiring a magical artifact or obtaining a feat from another Cult would be at least a single episode involving several players at the end of which a single Hero Point is spent to cement the benefit. To allow this sort of loading of 'special' items for a starting character is like spending Hero Points without the risk. Unless you were running a high level game I would really rather not see this being done as it detracts too much from the idea of working for things in game. I think you would quickly find that all new players would try to use this perceived power up route (even though it isn't) and the group dynamic would change.

I think the one special item rule is there for good reason. If players want more they should go find/earn them.

Just my 0.02 cents

Jarec