Re: I could use some advice...

From: Gerald Bosch <gbosch_at_...>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:42:46 -0400

Thom Baguley wrote:

> My recent thoughts on this are maybe to encourage/force closing characters
> to bid high. A bid of 5 is probably just lurking behind cover and closing
> ground where possible.

That's an interesting idea. Thank you.

> That's what I'd do. You might consider an AP loan to herself as healing
> (but that's dodgy), or maybe loans from followers with healing or other
> appropriate abilities.

I've been thinking (after this and other comments) that the best option in that case would have been a desperation stake using her "brave" or something to simulate getting herself together. If she lost big I could play it out as a morale crisis.

> I haven't tried that. Why not use the target number in her ability to
> generate an edge as per the enhancement rules (and maybe increase
> resistance)? She then needs to spend HP to cement it.

This strikes me as a really good idea. Thanks.

> As a regular augment to provide a really sharp blade +^X or better aim. To
> slay a dazed etc. foe (as a kind of souped up coup-de-grace) via simple
> contest. I'd try to avoid using it directly as a simple contest as it seems
> too powerful.
>
> The god could decapitate foes - lesser folks just get help towards doing it.

Thanks.

Gerald