Re: broad abilities

From: Jeff <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 15:34:18 -0000

You're mising the point.

If there's only 5 heropoints to go around, then they tend to spend them on the larger, more expensive thing and then let the excess points go into 'other stuff'

This is an frequently observed effect with Affinities. This is especially true when the criteria for a secret is based on affinties, not the level of the feats within the affinity.

I'd point out that I'm seeing a difference between reading about Hero Wars and playing/running a game of Hero Wars. Things that sound nice on paper often just don't pan out that way in the reality of a campaign.

> Secondly, the marginal effect will surely be for people to buy up
> narrower combat-applicable abilities instead, not to doggedly
persist
> in buying CC regardless.

 I don't know. I suspect that folks will persist in getting the combat skills up.