Re: Leave it alone!!! (warning, contains sarcasm)

From: ian_hammond_cooper_at_...
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 10:46:57 -0000

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Nick Brooke wrote:

Nick
> > Hear hear! Repeat after me: "Hero Wars isn't RuneQuest. Hero Wars
> > isn't RuneQuest. Hero Wars isn't RuneQuest..."

Mikko Rintasaari
> Hmm... RQ isn't prime evil.
>
> If it works, don't discard it just because it reminds you of RQ.

I doubt Nick was suggesting that RQ was evil - but that the design philosophy of the game is different. RQ approaches game mechanics with one philosophy, HW with another.

IMO, if you are going to change the mechanics, do so in keeping with the original philisophy of the game, otherwise you risk breaking the whole by cutting into one portion.

Frx, HW self-describes its combat system as cinematic and heroic this should be born in mind when making changes. If you want to do mystics and martial arts think 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon' (or even The Matrix)not real-world experience for the paradigm.

It would be intersting to know what Robin would update now time has passed. However, we should bear in mind that the people working on HW do have a successful track record.

Ian Cooper