keep cool, please

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:27:04 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Robert McArthur wrote:

> > >Let's hope common sense prevails next time around.
> > YGMV.
>
> Oh dear.
>
> I really (truly) am not wanting to say so... but I feel I have to :-(
>
> The above comments from Greg indicate to me, as a herowars lurker and,
> currently, non-player wannabe, that the utterer has an ego as large as
> Kero Fin and isn't ready to listen to anyone.

I'd say it's the other way around.

Nick is being himself, very vocal and a bit arrogant with his opinions, that is. (No offense Nick, I hope. You are a great guy, but this medium does make things sound more extreme. It's good to stand behind one's views, of course)

But let's remember Glorantha is Greg's creation. You can't create a good game/story/work of ar/meal by trying to find a consensus at each step.

A candybar designed by a democratic prosess and majority vote ends up just being sugar.

I'm sure Greg does keep his ears open on the forums, and it's great that he finds to time to read and comment on the HW and GD lists, but I'd be horrified if it looked like he's going to try to follow every trend, mood and knee-jerk on the lists.

Let the man work,

        -Mikko, the Adept