Re: Game balance

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 05:21:58 -0000

> Not being able to run group fights or magic contests, because
> the disparity of abilities of your players is too large for then
> to take on the same opponents, is not.

There are two separate mechanisms that allow a lower rated character to take part in a contest with a higher rated character versus an equally higher rated opposition (or an even higher rated opposition).

1 - the low rated character can lend APs to the higher rated character.
2 - the low rated character can attempt to augment the higher rated character.

Expecting every character to be able to directly act against every opponent in every contest is not, IMO, reasonable. But most of the time, all characters should be able to take part using the above mentioned support mechanisms.

I understand that, in part, I have taken your quote out of context but, in the heat of your argument on sorcery being unbalanced in relationship to theism, you make an unjustified sweeping generalisation.

I expect that there will be changes to sorcery in HW2 - but expecting any system, never mind changes to a system, meeting with 100% approval from 100% of its users is unrealistic.

regards,
Charles