Group simple contests

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:57:29 +0100

I used my first one in anger last session. The rules are simple, but could be improved (ISTR some fixes suggested a while ago).

The main issue is probably with assymetric ability tests suh as sneak vs. listen. A poor sneak roll should make one side's performance really bad, while a bad listen roll doesn't seem to have the same effect. I glossed over in play (as the foes been snuck up on were talking, snoring etc.). A secondary issue is handling multiple criticals.

Having said that the rules worked fairly well in play and do fill a useful niche.

Thom