Re: Re: Logarithmic Add Ons

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 17:54:59 +0300 (EET DST)

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Alex Ferguson wrote:
> Or at least we should perhaps put them to the trouble of having to
> re-cheat, in order to do so, which is what the current rules do
> (in that respect!).

It is a bit troubling, that one. Parhaps I'll change it so, in my campaign, that using the 7m cheat you can only get the steady power outside the glowline too, and not a permanent fullmoon bonus.

<snip>
> > The problem is, parhaps, that a fixed penalty/bonus will either be
> > rather staggering at the lower levels, or insignificant at the high
> > levels. Not a good thing either.
>
> That's not true, though. A basic property, nay, a _design objective_
> of the system is that it's scaleable. 1W7 will get the rear-end of
> 1W6 just as efficiently as 1W2 does 1W. A fixed margin _never_
> becomes insignificant. Rather the situation is the reverse: the
> HW:RiG rule makes the effect escalate drastically.

Hmm... I think you guys are right here afterall. I'm obviously having trouble with wrapping my brain around the logarithmic math involved.

Sorry,

        -Adept