Re: Kingdom of Sartar

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 09:47:45 -0400

"Graham, Andrew" wrote:

> In the time period of HW have all the Clans of Sartar formed into Tribes
> and the Tribes into a Kingdom or are the still fragmented like in KoDP?

Yeah. More or less. There's a good history of Sartar on www.glorantha.com (somewhere!). I think a few of the long time Gloranthi like Dave Dunham and MOB have similar material on their websites (use the web-link on the Issaries site for surfage). Others more wise than I will give more details (like actual dates!) but its like this:

King of Sartar, a book available through Issaries and Wizards's Attic, has a pretty detailed, if idiosyncratic history of the kingdom.

1300's -- Tribes form from the emigree Heorlanders 1400's -- Tribes unite into Kingdom of Sartar, bascially a series of tribal confederations centered around the cities Sartar built. 1610 -- Kingdom falls to Lunar invasion after long, long struggle. 1

Dates are pulled out of my (coffeeless) head and are probably grossly incorrect

The Kingdom, at the time of HW, only exists in name, Termitain the (insert etiphet of the day here), being disregarded by many tribal kings. In many ways, the kingdom has fragmented back into its original tribal structure with only the Imperial garrisons really keeping order through fear.

This is a gross over simplification but...

Jeff