Re: Praxian magic

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 21:43:19 +1200

At 09:37 25/05/00 +0100, you wrote:

>Ok, this is getting rulesy (are two lists really needed?).

I thought this list was for simple glorantha questions plus a small amount of rules.

>In the HW rules animists only get their magic from fetishes and integrated
>spirits. The only person who can get the spirits needed for these is the
>shaman (HW occupation).

This is the basic rule for HW animism but there is nothing to prevent Holy People (such as the Khan) from having extra powers in the Praxian tradition.

> Only the shaman can call on spirits (ok, the clan
>chief gets to call on an ancestor spirit).

If he can call upon the ancestor, the spirits of law etc, then there is nothing to prevent him from calling upon other spirits.

>Ordinary braves get to call on a spirit that the shaman has loaned them in
>a fetish.

Ordinary braves might just go to the Khan or Eiritha Priestess instead IMO.

--Peter Metcalfe