Re: Digest Number 9

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 13:41:11 PDT

James Turner:

> >>Unfortunately this means giving the Kahn/Priestess the ability to >>go
>to the Otherside and enter into spirit combat, effectively >>making them
>Shamans.

Me> >Why? Whatever happened to summoning?

>Have I missed a section in the rules? (entirely possible)

I don't know. I haven't got a copy of the final rules and am not likely to unless the value of the NZ peso increases.

>Entering the spirit plane and capturing a spirit is the only way an
> >animist can get his magic (except from spirit cults).

It's the _basic_ way in the rules, but that does not mean that it is the only way. Since much of the Praxian material speaks of praxians summoning spirits, rather than going to the other side, I still think the Khan/Priestesses should have some limited experience in summoning spirits.

--Peter Metcalfe