Re: Re: Praxians

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 14:09:04 -0400

David Dunham wrote:

> Rusty wrot
>
> > The draft official rules on Prax and Storm Bull-It seems SB != Urox (at
> > least as far as the worshippers know), but they Play Well Together.
>
> Calling them "draft official" seems a bit odd -- I'd consider them
> "draft" and if y'all can come up with something better, go with it.
> Consider them a common starting point or if you must say "official,"
> official guidelines. The draft was never completed, after all (though
> it did serve as a prototype for the first draft of the Grazers, which
> was itself substantially rewritten).

I'd think of them as a prototype set of keywords, perhaps? I can see the Praxians being wonderfully complex and full of exceptions and fiddly bits -- which is a) would take a book to work out and b) is one of things I like about this world.

> It does seem like Greg Stafford is considering Storm Bull and Urox
> different entities, at least at one level. This doesn't really seem
> all that important, in that you're not going to get a whole lot of
> religious arguments from their worshippers.

Argueing with these folks about 'Look, they are not the same guy' is liable to get an axe embedded in your skull. After that, they go back drinking and then find some chaos to bash.

Sometimes, a difference is not a difference.

Jeff