Re: Grazers

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 07:59:08 -0700

Dave asked of Grazers

> Have they been Gregged?
>
> KOS says they're the result of splitting centaurs into horses and
> humans (? implies to me they may not humans since dp is closed to them at
> that time and they're operating fine) whereas HW states they're Pentan
> immigrants. The KOS line is more interesting but has it been superseded?

The KoS line is a myth (in the sense most modern people would use the term). Any Gregging actually took place when he wrote King of Sartar!

I believe there was indeed at least one Pain Centaur who was separated and joined the Grazers (perhaps as a leader), but the majority of the Grazers are indeed Pentan immigrants.

Nick hits the nail on the head for the story the Grazers tell...

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein