Re: Initiation and Spirit Integration

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 10:04:43 -0000

> >On integration of spirits, which seems significantly more powerful
> >that using fetishes, what are the drawbacks?
>
> According to Roderick, there are some but they are not mentioned
> in the rules.
>
> >The obvious one to me
> >is that you are making this foreign spirit an integral part of your
> >spirit, which to my mind means that it should bring along part of
its
> >personality as well.
>
> Most integrated spirits are not foreign.

This might be one of the drawbacks. You can only integrate those spirits which your tradition traditionally integrates, whereas you can bind any spirit you can defeat in spirit combat into a fetish - This is more of a "cultural" restriction than a "mechanical" one though.

Also a Shaman can make fetishes for other people, but you have to integrate spirits yourself.