Re: HUZZAH

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 19:47:38 +1200

Jeff Kyer on the glorantha book:

>There's a lot of neat stuff there. The Orlanthi Cultural stuff is
>good. Not sure what's Pete's and what's Gregs but it looks very,
>very good.

Most of the stuff is written by me although I freely admit the debt I owe to previous published works and other people's ideas floated on the digest. The bits mostly written by Greg are the Before Time Began, History, Vithelan Religion, the Outer Limits and the Future of Glorantha. Roderick wrote the intro.

Credit for the format of the culture (wot's our history? how's our society organized? what should I do?) properly belongs to Roderick. My first attempt was a spiced-up version of the Culture writeups in Player's Book Genertela but it sunk like a stone.

Greg wrote scattered paragraphs and sections throughout the book. The picture legends, I believe, are written by him. An example of a scattered paragraph in the Orlanthi cultural section is the second para on p144. A scattered section would be the year king's factions of Esrolia. he's also responsible for the Maboder/Dundealos confusion and a couple of other silly mistakes...

--Peter Metcalfe