Re: Re: weak air gods

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 09:45:17 -0400

Philippe Krait wrote:

> > From: t.s.baguley_at_...
> >
> > >It has always seemed a bit unfair for the air gods, though, that their metal is
> > >so "weak" and without any special property in Glorantha, but I think that
> > >this is
> > >what you get for being an unruly bastard of earth and air... (:-)
> >
> > Bronze is the most useful metal in Glorantha. You don't have to enchant it
> > to make decent plows, swords etc. Lucky those storm gods were so warlike
>
> What I meant was weak for their worshippers, as anybody can use bronze (not only
> them) and it has no special properties (unlike all the other "Rune" metals) when
> enchanted.
>
> Philippe

The Burtae were somewhat/considerably weaker than the older gods. And they were very, very numerous, what with being offspring of several mixed elements and all. (Pretty fly for an air guy...) So, when it came time to die, they did in droves.

And the more common you get, the less special you are. Bronze's lack of anything interesting is a long established fact. Use silver instead, if you must.

Sometimes, things are not fair. =)

Jeff