Re: Sorcerous Familiars in Hero Wars ?

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:53:58 +0200

Peter :

> I'm really speaking from the roolz issue and how people have
> treated it in the past. If you could give a definition of
> a homonculus and a familiar, we could see whether any differences
> between the two exist in glorantha.

Well, a homunculus would resemble the type of RQ3 familiar that was created ex nihilo by the sorceror, as a detached and partally independent portion of himself.

I'd see the familiar as being a magical assistant, of magical nature and with a (direct or indirect) connection to the other side, that a sorceror could aquire in several different ways ; probably involving some sort of magic link from his soul. (and much would depend upon the otherworld origin of the creature : would most of them come from Hell, or not?)

One apparent difference between them, then ; Inner World / Other Side.

How does that sound ? Does it imply anything for you ? Do you think that this should always be Black Magic frinstance ?

cheers,

Julian Lord