Re: Re: Aldryami

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 11:34:31 +1200

At 13:10 23/06/00 +0100, you wrote:
><pulling more teeth>

>When I write fetish and shaman I'm using them in HW terms.

And Elves still don't use fetishes. They have no real need of Shamans or Spirit Combat skill for (almost) every elf can hear the Song.

> > >If yes, where do the spirits for them come from?

> > By listening to the song in certain places.

>No travels to the spirit plane then?

If humans try and replicate what elves do, then yes it does appear as a travel to the spirit plane. But elves with their superior senses do not see it this way. They are still within the Forest at all times.

>Does the shaman summon spirits for integration or does he find them hanging
>around in the forest?

The spirits hang around in the forest in the same sense that the Great Tree does.

--Peter Metcalfe